Sunday, July 29, 2007

Time to start blogging again and lists

Wow, it's been so long since I have actually written a blog entry. I have gotten pretty far on my green action plan for the year. The only ones that I haven't really done too much with are items 6 and 7. I just got a bill from Pepco, who provides wind energy to our apartment now, for $80.46. It's probably about a 60% increase on our electric bill overall.

I also copied everyone doing the lists and did one like Candy did, 50 things to do in the next two years. I have already crossed one off today, which is talking to our landlord about getting some big recycling bins at our apartment complex. Hopefully he will do it soon, since the city requires him to provide recycling.

I have a good number of active items on my list. I don't think limiting myself to eating meat 5 or fewer times will be too hard. I probably do it now, but don't really keep track. I also want to talk to my brother more so than I do now. I usually only talk to him a little bit while at home. I am also going to start blogging at least once a month. So, it should start being updated more often than every 7 months.

The one thing on the list I can't wait to cross off is completing all of the post wedding stuff. Still about 20 thank you's I personally have to write. They'll be done this week though by doing 5 a night, any more in one sitting is too much.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Emily said...

You know what really bothered me this past year? Ok, so as you may or may not know, I was subbing at various middle and high schools. I eat lunch in the teacher office areas. NONE of the schools had can recycling in their office (where most of the teachers eat and stuff). So I'd have a can and look around and have nowhere to put it. Then I'd ask a "normal" teacher in the office area, "Hey, do you guys have a can recycling thing around anywhere?" They either would say no or get all confused and say they didn't know.

1) It's a school and it should be setting a good example for the kiddies.

2) No teachers have been at all concerned about where to put their cans? They throw them in the trash without a thought?

3) Annoying and aggravating.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Do you consider yourself done with the "post-wedding misc." stuff? I know I'm not done with my stuff, but what do you have left to do?

Damn name change poop. Where is that darn social security card already? And, ugh...I still have to face the dmv...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home