Saturday, June 03, 2006

Expanding the Patent Office in Denver

Last December, one of my aunt's in Colorado was telling me about rumors that the Patent Office may open a west coast branch in Denver. I guess one of the reasons that Denver would be the choice is that there is a lot of empty office space in the downtown area. She heard of this news from aides to one of the US Senators, Ken Salazar, a newly elected democratic senator from Colorado. I guess my aunt occasionally works with some government officials in DC as part of her job.

A few weeks ago, I started hearing some of the managers at work talk about this, and it may seem like this actually may happen. If it does, I would guess it wouldn't happen until at least 2008. It will be interesting to see if it does happen at all. The downside of Denver is that the public transportation system is virtually non-existant compared to the great metro system here in DC. If there was any chance of moving in the future, it would be hard because I have gotten so used to just hopping on the train to go to work. It would be interesting to see if the Patent Office would offer any incentives for people moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home